BOOK REVIEW: THE 1000 YEAR OLD BOY by Ross Welford

A magical jar with humour,emotion,miracle and only magic. 
An epic saga of a young boy with an ancient soul. 


BOOK: THE 1000 YEAR OLD BOY
AUTHOR: ROSS WELFORD

Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication date : 30 Jan 2018
Language: ENGLISH
GENRE: Young Adult/Fiction
Book length: 400

Blurb: There are stories about people who want to live forever. This is not one of those stories. This is a story about someone who wants to stop. Alfie Monk is like any other nearly teenage boy – except he’s 1,000 years old and can remember the last Viking invasion of England. Obviously no one believes him. So when everything Alfie knows and loves is destroyed in a fire and the modern world comes crashing in, Alfie embarks on a mission to find friendship, acceptance and a different way to live. 
Which means finding a way to make sure he will eventually die.
REVIEW: For it's astonishing blurb, unique concept and beautiful cover, I picked the book. I hoped it would be just a good enough book but the result is completely different. After my lightening fast read,finishing  the novel, I have realised that I am still in its fever and drowning into its magical land. 

So basically the book is story of a 1000 year old boy - Alve Monk aka Alfie, a 1000 year old woman - mum of Alfie and a 1000 year old cat Biffa. Believe me I am not joking! The author tales the story of 1000 years and how Alfie meet Roxy and Aidan and how the system change. I won't say anything as I can't spoil the story line but I want to tell the story, to everyone, to my beloved ones, in a stormy magical evening. But I can't, so I am requesting to pick the book and make yourself feel like me. Ha ha! 

With the very first line, I recognized that it gonna be epic. Every dialogues are covered with great humour, the characters are so real that you can relate with it properly. The storytelling is just master class. While reading you can feel yourself in an ancient land or in the cloud or in the vast sea or in a child's passionate garage. The author created some unbelievable beautiful character. No word for Alfie as he is the hero but how he portraits the lovely, smart, intellectual, little girl Roxy and the typical boy Aidan, deserve hats off. The plot was so much gripping and full of extravaganza. It never tell a fairy tale or a fantasy story, you can relate your family with their family, your lifestyle and thought with their and you can fell the pain of that thousand years old heart. The story portraits the very fact of ignorance in a disguise of a magic. You will laugh,cry,love,hate and think. The story is emotional, moving and magnificent. Epic Saga of a brave boy with an ancient soul. Can't describe my inner filling here in such a small boundary. It's epic and it is beyond of the rules. A inspiring, delightful, brilliantly crafted story. So If you are 12 year old or 44 years old or 70 years old or '1000 years old!',please peak the book and drown in the magical world. A must read.

Overall Rating: 5/5

I have added this review to Amazon and Goodreads.
Please go the side scroll button and follow me on social medias.

Stay tuned for latest book reviews, recommendations.

Fell free to request book Review. 

Thank you for reading.
[2018 Read: 7, Reviewed: 6]

A Review by Bodhisattya Pal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: 10 MINUTES 38 SECONDS IN THIS STRANGE WORLD by ELIF SHAFAK

STALKER(1979) - EXPLAINED - Analysis & Interpretation.

BOOK REVIEW: THE MEMORY POLICE by YOKO OGAWA